Thursday, November 29, 2012

As long as I live, I won't stop loving you.

So I watched Jab Tak Hai Jaan last night. (English translation, As long as I live, Malay translation, selagi saya bernafas). I've been wanting to watch this film since I first saw the film poster at GSC. FYI, I'm a big fan of Shahrukh Khan. hey, I'm serious. I love him like a looooot. I've seen his movies since I was 9 years old. huge fan huh? ha. So, I've been planning to watch this film with my deary cousins. It ain't that easy. They didn't agree at first. They wanted to watch the vampire movie. the problem was, I watched the Breaking Dawn already. In the end, I was able to convince them to watch this film. yeay! note to self, please wear a thick clothing or sweater or sweat shirt or jumper whatever you call it if you're going for midnight movies. It was freezing cold in the hall, and I was frozen during the 3 hours of movie showing. So, the movie basically is about... oh no. do I really have to tell the synopsis here? The movie is freaking 3 hours long and that means it's a loooooong story. -_-  oh, you're wondering how was the movie yarr? I don't want to use the adjective 'awesome'. The movie was okay. Alright, I'll try to shorten the synopsis just for my readers. yeah like do I have readers? ahaa
      Basically, the movie is about a love triangle between Samar, Meera and Akira. Samar is an immigrant in London, who does all kind of work in London for a living. One day, He meets Meera, a Londoner, who has issues with her life, not happy with her engagement bla bla. Samar helps Meera to solve her problems, teaches her to sing a Punjabi song and they fall in love with each other. Meera is very religious and has faith in God and one day, Samar meets with an accident, she starts praying to God to save him and makes a vow never to meet him again. Samar recovers and he is angry with Meera for leaving him and makes a vow to risk his life everyday. He leaves for India to become an army posted in Kashmir. 10 years later, Akira, a Discovery Channel journalist, reads Samar's diary and finds out about Samar's love story. Akira requests her boss to make a documentary about bom disposal squad.  Later, Akira joins Samar and his army colleagues, become friends with them.  Akira develops feelings for Samar, but he rejects. Akira finishes her documentary and departs for London. In order to launch her documentary, she needs Samar to come to London. Samar comes to London and meets with an accident. He loses his memory only remembering events before his first accident. Akira meets and asks Meera's help to recover Samar's memory. Meera tries to recover Samar but she gives up after few days. Akira takes the job to recover Samar. She finds out Samar is very lonely without his love, Meera. Akira meets Meera and asks her to reunite with Samar but she is hesitant to break her vow to God. Samar regains his memory and meets Meera. He gives her a condition whether to come along with him or he will keep risking his life and Samar departs for Kashmir. Akira sends him off and they bid goodbye to each other. Meera realizes that her vow only gives Samar the suffering that is much worse than death. She departs for India and meets Samar. In the end, they reunite :)

phew. I told you it's a long story. I have omitted few insignificant details in the synopsis. tak penting haha. ohh, love is very complicated ha. So, this is my favourite song from the film, called Jiya Re. I love this song. very lively song. this song was shoot in Kashmir. such a beautiful place. I wish I could go to Kashmir or India someday. I really like the characters of Akira. In the movie, she is very happy go lucky, passionate about life and very determined to realize her dreams. So sad she can't make Samar to fall in love with her. frankly, I don't like the characters of Meera. She is sooo annoying. She leaves Samar then she wants him back. blergh. one more thing, she is a beauty with expressionless face. aha. #teamAkira okay folks, enjoy the song yarrr :)



As I'm about to post this entry, I'm dancing and singing to Jiya jiya re jiya re Jiya jiya re jiya re Jiya jiya re jiya re jiya oh ohhhhh

Silly silly me aha :) x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...