Sunday, November 25, 2012

Post Practicum Reflection Part 3

        Some of the misbehaviors that I observed in the classroom during the first month of practicum are answering back, annoying others, poor homework, nonstop talking, yelling, not paying attention, moving around the classroom and blurting out the answers without raising the hand. Misbehaviors include behavior that interferes with your teaching and interferes with the right of others to learn (as cited in Burden, 2006).
the most mischievous kid in my class. very cheeky. 

        So the next months, what I planned to do, before the lesson starts, I wrote the classroom rules or expectation I have for the class on the blackboard. If the pupils insist on not listening or talking, I raise my hand (cueing) and I give them the ‘look’ until they be quiet and have their attention. Then I said, “everyone’s eyes on me and shut your mouth” something like that. I didn’t ever start the teaching if a pupil still talking. I demanded respect from the pupils. It is very important for me to teach not only from the front of the classroom but from everywhere, from back, sides. This makes the lesson more interesting, and often I can keep eye on the pupil as a whole and pupils will know I am paying attention to them. So they will not try and do something else.

okay folks, to be continued

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...