Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Post Practicum Reflection Part 1

I'm back. I'm so sorry that i don't blog much these days. it's just that I don't blog for people to read anymore. I only blog for self-satisfaction. If I have something really worth to share, I will share here. Right now, I'm going to share about my post practicum reflection. FYI, I finished my practicum like 2 months ago. since that, I've been really busy with Induction course, Bina Insan Guru and stuff. So I totally forgot about existence of this blog. ha ha

     So, my experiences in SK Aman Jaya have been a real eye opener in terms of the theoretical classroom versus the real world classroom. During the first month of practicum, I struggled with classroom management and behavior management. I was so tired of yelling and nagging inside my classroom. There has got to be a better way to manage the children. I hope I manage to find it over the coming months. It is hard enough when they don’t understand me speaking in English but it is harder when they are misbehaving. My cooperating teacher, Sir Yusuff advised me to be strict and just make them fear you. 

       I identified my own weaknesses and strengths throughout the practicum days. I struggled with the time management. The planned time for every stage seemed to run off. The presentation stage for several lessons was done too quickly, usually lasted for only 10 minutes. I should be able to provide more inputs during the presentation to cover those 15 minutes. Perhaps, I should carry out Q and A session with the pupils and try to elicit answers from the pupils. The production stage usually took more than the given time. An example of a scenario, half of the pupils didn’t bring the scissors and glues. Therefore, they took longer time to finish the task I assigned to them.

     Besides, what didn’t go well is my voice projection. There were 36 pupils in my classroom. The pupils at the back complained that they didn’t hear me really well. I really need to work on my voice projection so that pupils at the back won’t be left out and missed my instructions. According Brown (2001), a good teaching requires a good voice projection where you do not have to have a loud, booming voice, but you need to be heard by all the students in the room.  


okay folks,  to be continued :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...